Prep time – 5 mins
Cook time – 20 mins
Total time – 25 mins
Papas arrugadas are one of the most famous foods from the Canary Islands. Whether visiting Tenerife, Gran Canaria, or any of the other islands, you’ll be sure to taste them!
- 1¼ pounds (about 1 kg) of small, quick cooking potatoes
- ¼ cup of coarse sea salt
- Wash the potatoes well and place them in a large stock pot.
- Just cover with cold water and add the sea salt.
- Boil the potatoes until just cooked through, about 20 minutes. Add water if too much evaporates.
- Pour off the water and rest the potatoes on the stove on a very low heat until all water has evaporated and the potatoes are covered in a layer of sea salt.
- Serve with your favorite mojo sauce.